• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ideas For a Wedding Reception

Hi, Everyone,

My sweetie and I are in the middle of planning our wedding celebration for late summer. Things are going well, but I need some help.

We're planning a champagne & dessert reception. We're on a budget, so we will be bringing in our own food. Any ideas out there for restaurants/shops that might work with us to create yummy dessert trays that we can pick up and take with us?

We're in Seattle. Any thoughts are really appreciated!

Edited by Olivia (log)

It sort of depends on what style you're looking for, but I'd recommend talking to the peopel at Two Tartes Bakery in Georgetown. I personnally lover their stuff and they have quite a variety of baked goods/desserts that they offer. They are of the more rustic/homemade style however, not fine pastries per se.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I am a fan of Mangetout Catering. They do amazing work over there and you can pick up your desserts rather than have them delivered or have staff.

They make great mini cookies, tartlets, cakes, pies - the whole works.

Plus the garnish is lovely - typically, fresh and dried fruits, flower and herbs.

Okay, this is going to sound really weird... but when I'm having a big party and need single desserts, I go to Than Brothers Pho (http://www.thanbrothers.com/)and order their incredible cream puffs. If you give them a few days notice, they'll prepare them fresh and box them up for you. The last time I ordered about 70, it cost me $30, so it's reasonable. Good luck!

Megan Woo

IHEARTBACON.COM

Those cream puffs are fantastic!

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.