• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

best cote de boeuf in London---HELP

Hi

I may stand corrected but wouldn't Rules be your best bet, though I'm sure Fisherman or Andy Lynes may well have a better suggestion

This is the dish at Rules

Roast Rib of Inverurie Beef, Yorkshire Pudding, Creamed

Horseradish & Spinach: for two (per person)

or Almeida

Cote de Boeuf a le moelle, sauce Bernaise on Thursday Plat du Jour

Or Malmaisson also La Trompette

here's google search

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&clien...yUK%7CcountryGB

Perfection cant be reached, but it can be strived for!

i've never eaten a good cote de boef in london actually, though i would have thought a roast rib at rules, while maybe not strictly speaking CdB, would be a pretty good lump of beef. i'm almost (but not quite) ashamed to admit i had a CdB all to myself the other day, well the local organic farm, knowing my love of ribs had saved me a 2 rib, and my girlfriend was away for a while, so i thought what the hell, best CdB i've had!

i've never eaten a good cote de boef in london actually, though i would have thought a roast rib at rules, while maybe not strictly speaking CdB, would be a pretty good lump of beef. i'm almost (but not quite) ashamed to admit i had a CdB all to myself the other day, well the local organic farm, knowing my love of ribs had saved me a 2 rib, and my girlfriend was away for a while, so i thought what the hell, best CdB i've had!

Where do you live? Two ribs how did you get through it! :raz:

Perfection cant be reached, but it can be strived for!

Bugger me, that's a hell of a price.

Three or four years ago, I paid almost exactly the same amount for a five-bone rib from my local butcher in Edinburgh; five week hang and nearly seven kilos in weight. Glorious beef.

Allan Brown

"If you're a chef on a salary, there's usually a very good reason. Never, ever, work out your hourly rate."

Still only a £35 profit and I've still got to pay my girlfriend to do the washing up. Take off gas and Electricity, a couple of side orders and the possibility of a broken glass and I could end up out of pocket! :biggrin:

Edited by Matthew Grant (log)

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"