• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh Manitoba Lobster!

Unbelievable!! Be interesting to see at what price point they sell them. I'd love to do a side by side comparison.

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

I believe i heard on the radio yesterday that they were calling them Champagne Lobsters. I tell you.... it takes a 'Toban to come up with this.

I wonder how long it will take before they hit the restaurants...

What if they bust loose??? :shock:

I can see it now:

"Monster Prarie Lobster Invades Maritimes! Gene Pool Threat! Clawed Crustacean Compromised!"

...run for your lives!!! :smile:

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

What if they bust loose???  :shock:

I can see it now:

"Monster Prarie Lobster Invades Maritimes! Gene Pool Threat! Clawed Crustacean Compromised!"

...run for your lives!!!  :smile:

Hog barn raised....hmmm I wonder if hog manure would have anything to do with their "monster size"! NOT a good thought...sorry... :laugh::laugh:

Actually, friends of mine have developed a system to take out 95% of the manure in hog barn sludge sloughs. The result is a grey ash-like odour-free material that is used as fertilizer, and the water extracted can be used for barn cleaning, etc. The experiments are being done on several Hutterite colonies at the moment.

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!

I never would have belived it!

We havn't gotten any at work just yet, but ya never know!

We do try to promote Canadiana and regional foods.....Manitoba Lobster.....King of the Prairies!

Wierd.....just wierd!

WOW!

I never would have belived it!

We havn't gotten any at work just yet, but ya never know!

We do try to promote Canadiana and regional foods.....Manitoba Lobster.....King of the Prairies!

Wierd.....just wierd!

are you in a Manitoban restaurant?? :blink:

that is one of the most "unbelievable yet true" CBC stories ever.

landlocked (mostly) Manitoba, producing lobster. good luck!

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

landlocked (mostly) Manitoba, producing lobster. good luck!

I'd hardly say landlocked - even slightly :smile:

Wow!  First they grow pot in Flin Flon and now Lobsters in Winnipeg.  I guess if the family ranch goes under they can convert to a lobster farm.

We're an entrepreneurial bunch here.

I live in a condo and am not allowed to do anything in my little yard so I'm trying to figure out what to grow in my business. Suggestions are appreciated - keep it legal people! :raz: