• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best veal chop, Center City?

airedale

I'd like to take my boss (and best friend) out for lunch on his 70th birthday next month. His favorite meal is a veal chop followed by a piece of chocolate cake, so I am in search of some recommendations for restaurants that prepare a great veal chop (and chocolate cake). The only criteria are that the restaurant be located in Center City and be open for lunch. Thanks!

Cynthia

I'd like to take my boss (and best friend) out for lunch on his 70th birthday next month.  His favorite meal is a veal chop followed by a piece of chocolate cake, so I am in search of some recommendations for restaurants that prepare a great veal chop (and chocolate cake).  The only criteria are that the restaurant be located in Center City and be open for lunch.  Thanks!

Cynthia

The Saloon at 750 S 7th has a great double veal chop, and is open for lunch. also stuffed veal chop filled with parmigiano-reggiano cheese, spinach, prosciutto in a marsala wine sauce over Yukon gold mashed potatoes

not sure if that is technically Center City, though.

Davio's woulda been my first bet too. Or any of the steakhouses. Capital Grille has a Veal Chop on the dinner but not the lunch menu. A call ahead might secure one at lunchtime.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I'm not sure if veal chops are on the menu at Barclay Prime, but I would definately recommend this place if they are. I had an awesome ribeye there a few weeks ago, pricey but perfect.

Wherever Chef Vince Alberici is, so too is a good veal chop. With the closing of the Adam's Mark, where he toiled for many years, he has moved his considerable expertise to Delmonico's at the Hilton City Ave. I would expect a flawless veal chop to be served there now.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

I'm not sure if veal chops are on the menu at Barclay Prime, but I would definately recommend this place if they are. I had an awesome ribeye there a few weeks ago, pricey but perfect.

Wherever Chef Vince Alberici is, so too is a good veal chop. With the closing of the Adam's Mark, where he toiled for many years, he has moved his considerable expertise to Delmonico's at the Hilton City Ave. I would expect a flawless veal chop to be served there now.

unfortunately, Hilton City Ave is not close to meeting the Center City requirement...