• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

venue

EDS33

WOW. :blink:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Wow, that's some great looking food. There seems to a rapid turnover of dishes, as nothing posted is even similar to what I had on my visit in the late fall. Constantly innovating is a great thing.

Edited by BryanZ (log)

Oh my it looks so good. (wiping the drool off the keyboard)

However, I'm a "hungry gal" though the serving sizes may worry me since sometimes I skip meals to eat at a place where the food looks as good as this!

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Effective immediately, Venue is offering 20% off on Tuesday thru Thursday, as well as Sunday.

Just to reiterate the questions of other posters, is this still in effect? Hoping it is for Sunday...

Yes it is in effect, but you must mention it to receive the discount.

Serving sizes are not as small as you would think. A four course is more than suitable for people with a big appetite. Also the 20% discount during the week is a great bargain especially for food of this quality.

Edited by dRock (log)

Thanks dRock for giving me a heads up on this restaurant and this thread. You are right, this looks like it is right up my alley! The photos are sensational. The food looks great. Now... to get to Hoboken! It is on my list.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Effective immediately, Venue is offering 20% off on Tuesday thru Thursday, as well as Sunday.

Just to reiterate the questions of other posters, is this still in effect? Hoping it is for Sunday...

Yes it is in effect, but you must mention it to receive the discount.

Can you mention the discount when making a reservation? I wouldn't be apt to ask for a discount when either walking in or when receiving the bill.

Thanks