• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

venue

EDS33

all indications suggest: all gone. 

not sure what happened, but that's a big loss.

Any idea what is going to take up this space in Hoboken?

i'm probably a little out of line with my guess that they're gone, and i'll apologize right now if i'm wrong. but i have no info other than the fact that their phone is apparently disconnected and the are no longer on opentable.com.

i'm probably a little out of line with my guess that they're gone, and i'll apologize right now if i'm wrong. but i have no info other than the fact that their phone is apparently disconnected and the are no longer on opentable.com.

chef, please please please come back and keep us posted on where you land. i know a lot of people will be very interested.

hoboken must have been a tough sell. next to impossible to my mind. i hope you don't let the experience get you down, but rather you take some valuable experience away from it.

chef, please please please come back and keep us posted on where you land.  i know a lot of people will be very interested.

hoboken must have been a tough sell.  next to impossible to my mind.  i hope you don't let the experience get you down, but rather you take some valuable experience away from it.

Thanks for all your support. Right now Im going to do some traveling, and I am hoping to find investers/partners for a new location. If you know any, give them my number. :laugh:

Yes, they are closed per Rosie's posting on NJ Monthly... I never made it there as I would have had difficulties finding adequate parking to meet my needs. :sad:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Word is the space is becoming a Jamba Juice. The place been up for sale for months. The conventional wisdom in town is that Venue's menu was too odd and too expensive. The added burden: no liquor license.

Jasper, I am very sorry about the restaurant. I saw it this morning and my heart goes out to you. I have not been on egullet for sometime. If I could do anything for you please call me at Circa. Your a talent and just have to dust this off. I know I have had to to this before.

I am sorry to hear this. Although I hadn't yet been able to make it there, it was on my list to do so. Good luck Chef and keep us posted. I would love to try your work wherever you wind up.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz