• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Peruvian Roast Chicken?

jb_973

'Los Pollitos II' was one of my favorite restaurants back in my old Brooklyn neighborhood. They did a fantastic Peruvian-style Rotisserie Chicken (very flavorful marinade), served with a green chili sauce.

Does anyone know where I can get something like this in North New Jersey (I'm in West Orange, but prepared to travel!)

Thanks...

'Los Pollitos II' was one of my favorite restaurants back in my old Brooklyn neighborhood.  They did a fantastic Peruvian-style Rotisserie Chicken (very flavorful marinade), served with a green chili sauce.

Does anyone know where I can get something like this in North New Jersey (I'm in West Orange, but prepared to travel!)

Thanks...

there used to be a peruvian chicken place in paterson off of broadway-

joanne

The best Peruvian rotisserie chicken in NJ (with green aji), by far, is found at El Chevre on 258 Monroe Street in Passaic. The place is your typical hole in the wall, but the food is outstanding. They also do the best fried rice dishes that I have ever tasted as well as some traditional items, like the purple corn koolaid concoction. Just be prepared to point at the menu if your Spanish speaking skills are lacking.

I noticed they also just opened another restaurant in Passaic on Main Street, but I haven't tried that one yet, and I don't remember the exact address.

The best Peruvian rotisserie chicken in NJ (with green aji), by far, is found at El Chevre on 258 Monroe Street in Passaic.

Thanks for the suggestion Adam - and for finally telling me the proper name of the green chili sauce - I've been wondering what its name is for ages!

In West Orange, on the corner of Main Street, Eagle Rock Ave, and Washington Ave. there are 3 or 4 new South American restaurants that have opened in the last few months. I haven't had a chance to eat at them yet, but they may be what you're looking for.

http:/www.etuinc.com