• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

U.S. Election Night Dinner

jamiemaw

Election Night Comfort Food :hmmm:

By all accounts, this presidential vote's gonna be close again. And that means an emotional election night. And for us, that means comfort food.  So, gather your friends around the TV, toast to democracy and nibble your way through the nail-biting night with a generous supply of snacks.

some nonpartisan recipes:

IT'S A WONDERFUL PERCENTAGE DIP

EXIT POLL OREO FREAKOUT

FRIED ANCHORMEN

MAKING- A-COMEBACK-ON-THE-MAP CARROT SOUP

FOUR-YEAR SILVER LINING CAKE

The recipes are real however! :wink:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Election Night Comfort Food :hmmm:
By all accounts, this presidential vote's gonna be close again. And that means an emotional election night. And for us, that means comfort food.  So, gather your friends around the TV, toast to democracy and nibble your way through the nail-biting night with a generous supply of snacks.

some nonpartisan recipes:

IT'S A WONDERFUL PERCENTAGE DIP

EXIT POLL OREO FREAKOUT

FRIED ANCHORMEN

MAKING- A-COMEBACK-ON-THE-MAP CARROT SOUP

FOUR-YEAR SILVER LINING CAKE

The recipes are real however! :wink:

The Percentage Dip has made the cut, Gifted Gourmet. :biggrin: I think we'll make it with smoked rainbow trout. Although I have some braised hare ready--but that would make it the Bunny Dip I suppose. Thanks for that.

And as for emotion? Well, I'm worried the food might start flying. So in addition to the Heineken Manouevre, we'll be invoking some other Food Safety measures too: nerf dinner rolls and absolutely no cube sugar. And just maybe, like the airlines, those sketchy plastic knives.

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

When you gonna start working on the recount menu?

Thin paninis? We'll dip them in the chili and call them the Recount of Monte Cristo.

Or depending on the outcome, just smoke 'em afterwards.

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

As a native Bay Stater, I suggest that you go with a clam roll and fries. Can't get much more Massachusetts than that.

Thanks Kazama. But listen up--we're still beverage deficient, and short of dropping over the line for a crate of Sam Adams, anything else to suggest?

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

TEA? :blink:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."