• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Milk chocolate

Wendy DeBord

Welcome Anatolia, I'm glad you feel comfortable here.

Hayasaka.K................... as Steve eluded to (a few posts back) you'll find the same nuences apply when baking as eating out of hand. Certain chocolates pair up slightly better with different flavors and that has to be true when baking also. I think it would have to depend upon when other ingredients your using and how your baking your chocolate. For instance I made some flourless chocolate cakes yesterday and since it barely bakes and only has eggs and butter the flavor of the chocolate is really important-it is the flavor of my finished product. But if I'm making say a chocolate cake where I have vanilla, buttermilk and coffee mixed in with my melted semi-sweet......-those other flavors are bound to influence the final chocolate taste.

As to the availablity of E. Guittard.........I found it in my area thru a tip from someone here. It's a special order from that company and it takes 3 weeks to recieve an order. But even my chef is happy because it's less expensive then what he was previously buying.

Thank you for the site recommendations they got me into my own search by which I found lepicerie.com great prices and some very unique products I have only seen in other countries. fast and fresh delivery resulting in the best chocolate tart I've ever made - the chocolate carried the entire dessert much like the choclate flourless cake - exquisite!!! Any suggestions for the Montelimar Nougat Cream (almond and honey) and Roasted Hazelnut flour I ordered with my Valrhona choclate from lepicerie!?!?!? :biggrin::biggrin: