• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
StevieHolland

Dining in Jamaica

If you like Curried Goat, Try Curried Conch at Cosmos Seafood Restaurant in Negril.

If you like Curried Goat, Try Curried Conch at Cosmos Seafood Restaurant in Negril.

You May find Curried Goat on a certain nights buffet, at your resort. Most of the do it. They usually have a lobster night as well.

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be in the Portland/Port Antonio area for a couple of weeks from next Wednesday 05 Feb.

Not interested in faux European - we've got enough of that here - just good local stuff and, most importantly, jerk. The best pits please.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Martin.

A good article on Jamaican food/restaurants by Mark Kurlansky from Food & Wine, which includes a redemption of my beloved Scotchies:

<Clickety.>

...wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. --Alexander Pope

I'm going to venture to repeat the same question posed by martinwa above though it didn't get much attention... worth a try... I'm going to Port Antonio for 10 days post-Xmas, any food recs? Thanks. :)

Queen of Grilled Cheese

NJ, USA

I'll be in Negril for 6 days staying at Rockhouse last week of February. Any suggestions for dinning in that area would be greatly appreciated.

johnjohn

bumping this thread...

i will be in montego bay for the next three weeks housing sitting.

where should i be eating? and what should i look for?

abstract expressionist beverage compounder

creator of acquired tastes

bostonapothecary.com

Sign in to follow this