• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast in Lynnwood

I'm meeting my parents for breakfast tomorrow morning and the plan is to meet half way between my home (Seattle) and their home (Stanwood). They have suggested the IHOP in Lynnwood :shock: but have indicated they are open to other suggestions. The only place that I can think of so far is Patty's Eggnest. Please, please, please help me think of someplace else..........

I should add that my father is a very picky eater. Strictly meat and potatoes for him. Nothing ethnic, fancy or complicated will suit him. Aren't I lucky?

I would say anything between Shoreline and North Everett would work.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

The Black Sheep is nice. It covers that basics that your father will go for and has a number of nicer and more adventerous (well for american style breakfasts).

Black Sheep

6815 196TH St SW Ste H

Lynnwood, Washington 98036-5074

United States

Tel: (425) 697-5997

I suppose the Maltby Cafe is too far off the track?

I had a pretty good breakfast at a place in Marysville a couple years ago, but damned if I can remember the name. It looked like a log cabin and was right off the freeway. How's that for helpful?

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I'm meeting my parents for breakfast tomorrow morning and the plan is to meet half way between my home (Seattle) and their home (Stanwood). They have suggested the IHOP in Lynnwood  :shock:  but have indicated they are open to other suggestions. The only place that I can think of so far is Patty's Eggnest. Please, please, please help me think of someplace else..........

I should add that my father is a very picky eater. Strictly meat and potatoes for him. Nothing ethnic, fancy or complicated will suit him. Aren't I lucky?

I would say anything between Shoreline and North Everett would work.

Family Pancake House on Hwy. 99 (23725 Hwy 99) just north of the Sno/King County Line is a good choice. It's family owned, has good pancakes, and is popular for breakfast. Nothing particularly imaginative, but a few notches above IHOP. We like their potato pancakes. Weekends brings the crowds for breakfast, so go early (before 9:00) for best seating.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.

- Mark Twain, 1835 - 1910

I suppose the Maltby Cafe is too far off the track?

I had a pretty good breakfast at a place in Marysville a couple years ago, but damned if I can remember the name.  It looked like a log cabin and was right off the freeway.  How's that for helpful?

I love the Maltby Cafe and the only reason we are not going there is due to the horrendous waits on the weekend (over an hour last time I was there!).

I can picture the place in Marysville that you are talking about. My dad grew up there, I wonder if he remembers the place.....

Thanks for the recommendations. We ended up going to Family Pancake House and, just as bbqer said, it had good pancakes and is quite a few notches above IHOP. The prime rib and eggs was the favorite at our table.