• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What Your Favorite Condiment Reveals About You

And more on the condiment quiz, you people ... topic du jour ... :laugh:

anyone else check out their personal results?? :rolleyes:

How can I decide. I love salsa and I certainly am extroverted. . . However I also love mustard and haven't been considered shy since grade school.

Also love barbecue sauce and we are back to extroverted again..

Horseradish, ditto...

What about another favorite, in fact maybe most favorite of all, the Thai or SE Asian sweet chile sauce (which I buy by the case 'cause I don't want to run out).

Where does it fit, I wonder.

Steak sauce is not mentioned but there are so many restaurants where it has a place of honor on every table - right next to the Tabasco.

Commercial mayonnaise is probably my least favorite.

I do like some salad dressings, but they are not the regular commercial variety.

We have a local company that makes and bottles, in small production runs, a limited selection of interesting and very flavorful salad dressing/marinades. All natural ingredients, no preservatives or unknown chemicals.

Vidalia onion, poppy seed, papaya and lime with a hint of chile is my favorite, makes a great dip for vegetables as well as a salad dressing and a marinade for chicken.

Honey, roasted sesame, garlic and lemon is another.

Mostly, I appreciate the link to The Association for Dressings and Sauces web site. This is one I had not come across prior to reading this article. It is great! Thanks so much for posting it, GG.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

But what happens if you just love all the condiments they've listed and more?

Do they consider such a person an indeterminate schizophrenic?

Or do they get to maybe enter the next 'Ms. or Mr. Saucy' contest and get their photo posted on the website and win a pantry full of condiments? :wink:

But what happens if you just love all the condiments they've listed and more?

Do they consider such a person an indeterminate schizophrenic?

Or do they get to maybe enter the next 'Ms. or Mr. Saucy' contest and get their photo posted on the website and win a pantry full of condiments? :wink:

That is my problem. I can't decide on a "favorite" because I have different favorites depending on the day of the week, my mood, the weather, what food is in the house, who is visiting, how much my feet hurt and whether or not there is a full moon......

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Where's gomasio? Or fish sauce? Or harissa? Or chimichurri? Or pesto? Or...

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Garum is fish sauce.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

for all of those sauces that most people have never heard of, perhaps a poll on egullet would be in order.

So it shall be written, so it shall be done .... not Yul Brynner in the DeMille Ten Commandments ... GG on eG .... :laugh:

click here for the very sauciest of threads! :biggrin:

Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"