• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lemon Chiffon Cake

Wendy DeBord

I’ve not made this cake, but a small suggestion would be to use a parchment collar to help contain the cake’s rise, or cut back a bit on the volume of the batter.

Good luck with your baking tomorrow!

17 minutes ago, OlyveOyl said:

I’ve not made this cake, but a small suggestion would be to use a parchment collar to help contain the cake’s rise, or cut back a bit on the volume of the batter.

Good luck with your baking tomorrow!

That's a brilliant idea!

You mean like a cylinder out of parchment that's higher than the rim? :)

But I'm afraid the cake will fall out when I invert it then? Did you have something else in mind?

Do you think I can stick the parchment collar starting from halfway or at the upper quarter of the pan with butter? So the cake will still stick to the bottom ¾ of the pan. Or will the butter melt down the sides and prevent the cake to stick to the sides and climb? 🤔