• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where do I find GREAT selection of olive oils?

But have you tried Canola oil? I'm sure there are some benefits there that are not mentioned in this post.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

yes...I have tried it..and corn oil as well. There is no taste at all compared to using olive oil.

I am looking not for a way to cut corners with oil....and I am not looking for cheap oil. I am not looking to dilute oil ...I am looking for a reasonble place to by whatever olive oil I feel is best suited to the purpose I need it for.

I have run out of good olive oil to cook with. I Like Frantoia..unfiltered but I would like to find a place to buy it that will not tack on and extra $10 dollars.

Fancy shops with high rents tend to add on to the price. I prefer to buy from a place that has a good selection of great oils but leaves the price at what it should be.

Cheap oil...like cheap anything is not worth it. I pay the price when I have to. for somethng good....but not when it's just so I can shop in a fancy store.

I am sure i will turn up a place that has a good selection as people on this board have been very helpful.

And...on your suggestion...I will go and look at Dilaurenti again.

• 6 months later...

LOL, the turn this post took made me laugh!

But the reason I'm topping it is just to let you all know that Oliviers & Co. in Pacific Place is having a huge sale right now. It's a twice a year clear out. Tons of tapanades, olive oils, spices, candles, dishes, etc all anywhere from 20-75% off. We did a bit of shopping last night!

LOL, the turn this post took made me laugh!

But the reason I'm topping it is just to let you all know that Oliviers & Co. in Pacific Place is having a huge sale right now. It's a twice a year clear out. Tons of tapanades, olive oils, spices, candles, dishes, etc all anywhere from 20-75% off. We did a bit of shopping last night!

Yeah........funny isnt it.

Last week I made a spaghetti (secret ingredient: oregano) and boiled the meat in crisco. Heavenly!

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera