• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Is there anything you cannot do?

Mario (a.k.a St. Mario on egullet)-

It’s a pleasure having you as a guest on e-gullet. I’ve been a big fan of yours ever since I picked up “Simple Italian Cooking” from a book store while looking for an "Italian-cookbook-with-a-lasagna-recipe-in-it". The book of course did not have a traditional Lasagna and I had no idea who you were, but I was fascinated by the wealth of information it had and I really liked the cover photo of this guy with orange clogs. He just looked like an Italian cook who knew what he was doing. So, I bought it and enjoyed the Asparagus Lasagna very much :smile: along with many other recipes. Since then I had to buy another copy because my original one was getting too worn out and stained.

Ok, so needless to say I owe most of my Italian food knowledge to your books and shows. I’m always fascinated by your cooking skills and teaching at the same time. However, all of us have kitchen weaknesses. Do you have one? You know, that one thing you never seem to get quiet right in the kitchen.

Thanks for your time and best of luck to you,

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

i am not now, nor have i ever been, nor do i harbour any false expectation of ever being, a great baker.... i can schwing a few loosely conceived fruit tarts into the abyss and am at home with cookies and brownies out of the duncan hines repertoire, but the exzacting consistancy necessary to great baking is not in my genetic puddle and i go forth, unafraid, with gina depalma (babbo pastry chef) at my side into the new world every thing she makes is my favorite thing