• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

3 hours ago, lindag said:

When I was a child, living in East Detroit, the ice cream truck (complete with the bells) came around our neighborhood in summer.  Ice cream treats then were .07 cents.  What are they today?

Popsicles were a buck and a half a throw when I bought them for the grandkids at the park a month ago. Point of interest -- popsicles work well during a break from playing on the splash pad; then you can send them back out there to get themselves rinsed off!

ETA: Ice cream treats were higher; I think sandwiches were $2.

kayb

kayb

3 hours ago, lindag said:

When I was a child, living in East Detroit, the ice cream truck (complete with the bells) came around our neighborhood in summer.  Ice cream treats then were .07 cents.  What are they today?

Popsicles were a buck and a half a throw when I bought them for the grandkids at the park a month ago. Point of interest -- popsicles work well during a break from playing on the splash pad; then you can send them back out there to get themselves rinsed off!