• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Medieval Times . . Anyone Been?

Stalder

My brother from the far north of Ontario . . is making his once per decade trip to the south.

Since he never gets out we told my mom we would take him anywhere he wants go . . . . Of course he picked Medieval Times.

$60.00 per person . . for goodness sakes we could have trust me at JOV for that!!!!

Anyways I was just wondering if anyone has been and if they can let us know what to expect in terms of food quality?

WHOOPS sorry for poor spelling in title . .. .can't edit it either unfortunately

Edited by Stalder (log)

while I have not been myself,(hayfever would never allow it) I have heard mixed reviews from those I know who have been.

most did not have a favourable opinion with regards to the food & once they started eating with their hands they were sorry they didn't pack a knife & fork.

many were not overly impressed with the show either b/c of the way it was run

doodle

If you like rather plain roasted chicken, served with potatoes, I suppose the food at Medieval Times is ok. As someone else on this thread has has, you don't go for the food.

According to the website, the menu of the Toronto location consists of:

Garlic Bread

Vegetable Soup

Roasted Chicken

Spare Rib

Herb-Basted Potato

Pastry of the Castle

Beverage

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Huh. They got rid of the corn-on-the-cob, then. That had me just about spitting with laughter. Although the potatoes aren't so impressive either.

The audience is largely kids and parents, so the "menu" is what is euphemistically known as "family-friendly." That is to say, extremely dull.

I went with my son's class last year. Ugh. The food is definately not stellar. The kids love it because they get to eat with their hands, but this is pretty much rubber chicken at it's best. :blink:

The entertainment's not bad though

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

If you like rather plain roasted chicken, served with potatoes, I suppose the food at Medieval Times is ok. As someone else on this thread has has, you don't go for the food.

According to the website, the menu of the Toronto location consists of:

Garlic Bread

Vegetable Soup

Roasted Chicken

Spare Rib

Herb-Basted Potato

Pastry of the Castle

Beverage

Saves you the trouble of telling your kids to eat their vegetables.

B

Pretty much anything is better than Chuck-E-Cheese :biggrin:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

How would it compare to, say, Chuck-E-Cheese?

I don't get any TV at all, either. The irony is that I live three blocks from the big antenna of our local station -- and two blocks from a twenty-story apartment building.

As for Chuck-E-Cheese, never did et there, but it is your typical franchise, yes? Well, Med Times is less consistent. No standards for the rubber chicken -- yours will be okay, your neighbour's a little singed. My potato was overcooked and dried out, my brother's had a raw centre. Adds verisimilitude... :raz::biggrin: Along with the Hearty Wenches falling out of poly-cotton costumes inspired by styles two or three hundred years too late.

However, the stunt fights -- though clearly stunt fights -- are quite nicely done. And my brother bought me a blow-up mace toy (the heavy weapon, not the spray) as a souvenir.

assuming they're all about the same, and i have to assume just that, expect, among other things, an english muffin pizza, which is kinda fun. :biggrin:

I went to one of these in Las Vegas many, many years ago...we had whole cornish hens and roasted potatoes and broccoli spears. My dad just dug right in and picked the cornish hen up and started eating...I looked at my husband and said I just couldn't eat this this way! :smile: But after awhile it was fun...in a medival sort of way! :biggrin:

Edited by Barb48 (log)

Some people weave burlap into the fabric of our lives, and some weave gold thread. Both contribute to make the whole picture beautiful and unique."-Anon

LOL . . He doesn't even HAVE CABLE!!!!

Big antenna . . .4 channels . . . . 2 french!!!!

sweet jesus. i don't know what i do without my full cable package. i certainly wouldn't be watchign the local channels.

i'm addicted to sundance.

• 4 weeks later...