• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ham biscuits in DC?

Having grown up in the area, but having gone to college south of DC, I was introduced to and fell in love with southern food...particularly ham biscuits.

You know, little biscuits with a sliver of salty country ham...present at almost every southern occasion, from tailgates to weddings.

Is there anywhere in the DC area where I could get some ham biscuits? I have never seen them in these parts.

They have ham biscuits on Georgia Brown's Sunday brunch buffet - not that I would go just for the ham biscuits, but they're there nonetheless. I've seen them more often from caterers than on various restaurants' menus, though.

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

sounds like a floury salty buttery bundle of beauty that the majestic cafe in old town would offer...

there is no love sincerer than the love of food

- george bernard shaw

i feel like love is in the kitchen with a culinary eye, think she's making something special and i'm smart enough to try

- interpol

sounds like a floury salty buttery bundle of beauty that the majestic cafe in old town would offer...

I have fuzzy memories of having such bundles of beauty at this location for Sunday brunch a couple of years ago.

Are you a gambler?

Ask:

coloradokitchen@aol.com

...if that stuff ever appears on the menu.

Virginia Ham & Gruyere Napoleon Ham & cheese stacked w/ puff pastry

(dinner menu)

reminded me that Virginia ham + CK biscuit = mmmmbetter

I tried to get them at Vidalia once. (Since that escapade, they've been added to the menu at the newly revamped bar. Check them out and report back here.)