• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet Outing at Full Kee, Chinatown

Oh, c'mon. You can just order the Lo Mein.  We won't make fun.

Thanks, Busboy. You're sweet, but I'm going to stick to the script for tonight.

Peer pressure, peer pressure.

i can't believe we are scaring you away :huh:

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Stick to the script? You were talking scandal and intrigue not long ago.

Or is your script more interesting than you've been letting on?

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

I'm a new person too.

My real name is David.

I'd be up for meeting for drinks beforehand. Is there no alcohol at all at Full Kee? Just beer and wine? What's the story?

What time are people meeting at Matchbox?

I let Jsmeeker tell me where to eat in Vegas.

Stick to the script? You were talking scandal and intrigue not long ago.

Or is your script more interesting than you've been letting on?

The script, actually, is quite intriguing at the moment. The return of PLM? We shall see.

As for Matchbox, I will probably leave work at 5:45 or 6:00 and walk over. I'm not definite, but I'm probable.

Is someone doing the name spreadsheet?

I offered a few days ago but didn't get any response, so we will go without.

I'll see you all in a few hours.

What time are people meeting at Matchbox?

I plan on being there by 6:30p.

Al?

I should be there by 6. If anyone is coming that hasn't met me yet, I'm wearing khakis and a yellow button down. Oh yeah, and one of those propeller beanie caps.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

I decided to go home first instead of going to Matchbox. I live downtown so it isn't a big deal.

I'm still 99% for dinner though.

Looking forward to meeting you all at 7.

I hope everyone is having a good time. :smile:

The good part is that Ian is home from the hospital, the bad part is that it wasn't early enough to prevent me from having hospital food for dinner. Bleah.

I'm glad to hear that! The little ones are tough, thank goodness. :smile:

Heather, you were missed and I wish I could tell you you missed a horrible evening.

Jenny, given that frog, pig skin, head on shrimp, jelly fish, clams. oysters and congee were devoured this evening, it's probably good you skipped out. But we still missed ya!

By the way, Busboy's wife does indeed exist :smile:

Dinner was delicious. And not just because I got there in time for some much needed mango vodka at Matchbox. Details will follow as well as pics, but not for a day or two.

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful evening. I can't imagine a better group of people to eat oyster casserole with.

What a fun night.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming to a newbie.

I didn't try the cold jellyfish, or the pig skin and turnips, but the Oyster casserole, dumpling soup, and sauteed snow pea leaves rocked.

Details will follow as well as pics, but not for a day or two

W-Wh-Wha- WHAT??? A day or two????

We've all been following the set-up for this fabulous dinner including the legendary Oyster Casserole, we've all wished we could be there, we've just found out you guys had jellyfish on the table, now we have to WAIT?!?! :blink:

Sigh!

HV! Imagine yourself on the line after a brutal Friday night and a flustered hostess has just seated a four-top a half-minute before closing... y'can't back down! Fire aps! Set salads! PULL TOGETHER FOR THE TEEEEEAM!!!

WeWantPix!

WeWantPix!!

WeWantPix!!!

:rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes:

PS: Request Void If Hangover Prohibits Posting... in which case, hell, take the weekend off!

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

Thank you to hillvalley for putting all this together. Sorry I had to run early, but it was past my bedtime (well, that, and I had people coming over).

It was great to meet everyone. The food was great - although I now have an entire vat of soup I'm not sure what to do with.

Thank you to hillvalley for putting all this together.  Sorry I had to run early, but it was past my bedtime (well, that, and I had people coming over).

It was great to meet everyone.  The food was great - although I now have an entire vat of soup I'm not sure what to do with.

Heat it up and eat it would be my suggestion. If it was the Shrimp Dumpling soup I wish I had it here for lunch today.

I can't say last night made me a convert to jellyfish, frog bits or pig-skin (aside from the type played on weekends inthe fall). But I did come around on Congee and the Oysters, the aforementioned Soup, Eggplant with Shrimp paste and Black Bean sauce and the pea leaves were all very good to excellent.

Although subtly flavorful, everything was a little more bland than what I had anticpated, but that might be from the expectations driven by years of eating sweet/spicy Americanized Chinese food.

I also became a convert to the Raspberry Lambic at RFD too (No one mentioned it but nearly all of us ended up there after Full Kee). Sure - it comes out in a girly looking flute, but it is mighty tasty. And I'm fairly secure in my manhood.

Edited by bilrus (log)

Bill Russell

Details will follow as well as pics, but not for a day or two

W-Wh-Wha- WHAT??? A day or two????

We've all been following the set-up for this fabulous dinner including the legendary Oyster Casserole, we've all wished we could be there, we've just found out you guys had jellyfish on the table, now we have to WAIT?!?! :blink:

Sigh!

HV! Imagine yourself on the line after a brutal Friday night and a flustered hostess has just seated a four-top a half-minute before closing... y'can't back down! Fire aps! Set salads! PULL TOGETHER FOR THE TEEEEEAM!!!

WeWantPix!

WeWantPix!!

WeWantPix!!!

:rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes:

PS: Request Void If Hangover Prohibits Posting... in which case, hell, take the weekend off!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

They're coming, they're coming. This damn job thing just gets in the way. :wacko:

eunny, boil up some ramen and throw it into the soup. Or I can come by and relieve you of it.

How often do you guys do this??

I want to go :rolleyes:

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.