• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Avocado Masque? Salt Scrubs? Window Cleaners?

Pickles

I'd use John Boos mystery oil. It's expensive but works well. I've found that it penetrates better than plain-ole mineral oil, therefore the application tends to last a bit longer.

Perhaps that isn't the answer you were looking for because it isn't the sort of thing that you grab out of the pantry.

Stephen Bunge

St Paul, MN

QUOTE (dankphishin @ Mar 10 2004, 08:06 PM)

Tomato Juice is great when the dog gets sprayed by a skunk. Also, rags soaked in vinegar help against tear gas.

do you often have to worry about tear gas?

:laugh: let's hope not but on the other hand a tea towel soaked in vinegar will do the same in the event of a steamed cauliflower vapour attack!

The way to get rid of the cooked salmon smell (or any oily fish) -- pour some ground cinnamon into a pan and bake it in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes -- at some point you'll want to open the oven door a bit so the smell can waft out.

Good bye stinky.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

The way to get rid of the cooked salmon smell (or any oily fish) -- pour some ground cinnamon into a pan and bake it in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes -- at some point you'll want to open the oven door a bit so the smell can waft out. 

Good bye stinky.

Sheesh, what a useful thread. With friends like eGullet, who needs Heloise?