• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Questions for the new Iron Chefs?

Chris Cognac

I so cannot wait for this to air. I've cleared the schedule, and even went and bought new blank video tapes. (Hopefully my VCR still works - it's been a while since a TV program made me want to tape it)

I know most of the show is made in post production, but I will be really disappointed if this falls flat...

Screw it. It's a Butterball.

So after its over, should we discuss it here or start a new thread? oh yea, if you read my article you should be able to figure out one of the theme ingredients!

Start a new thread :biggrin:

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

I can tell you, you are right!...I can not be any more specific...plus it would ruin the fun..Plus it would get posted on Iron Fans.com just like he posted my Kitchen Staduim photo from my web site!...but at least they credited e gullet!

Of course, e-gullet was credited, that's where the information came from. And we won't post something if we're asked not to. I'm looking forward to reading your review.

I can tell you, you are right!...I can not be any more specific...plus it would ruin the fun..Plus it would get posted on Iron Fans.com just like he posted my Kitchen Staduim photo from my web site!...but at least they credited e gullet!

Of course, e-gullet was credited, that's where the information came from. And we won't post something if we're asked not to. I'm looking forward to reading your review.

I knew you would be reading this thread :biggrin::biggrin:

The article will come out in the paper in the morning you can see it on dailybreeze.com

Welcome to egullet :rolleyes:

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Well, I hope you knew I was. I'm a librarian, and we rule! :raz:

I personally don't care about the ingredients or who won, my objective that day was to find the match-ups, which I did.

Thanks for the welcome.

Edited by Haivart (log)

here is a link...the article was published with 9 photos...looked great,I am stoked,but unlike the Times,I dont give away the theme ingredient!

Iron Chef,Daily Breeze

Chris, I now know the secret ingredient for 2 of the battles from sources that blabbed. Sounds like the matches will be very interesting.

You deserve credit for upholding journalistic integrity. If those other sources promised not to tell and then did, shame on them. You'll never regret being ethical, as I'm sure you know.

Please let the Iron Chefs win these battles. And when I mean Iron Chefs, I mean Morimoto and Sakai. They are rarely beaten.

If Sakai gets a fish theme in these episodes, you will not see the Food Network chefs win.

I think silver suits me so...

...but red is also for me!

Iron Chef Morimoto all the way!

From me, a fan of Iron Chef.

Do any of these posted links include spoilers? If so, tell me which one. I don't wanna know...

The link to the article I wrote does not have a spoiler in it...We were discussing how all the other ones did...Both papers in L.A. that ran stories besides the Daily Breeze listed the theme ingredients...Which really takes the fun out of it..Plus we were asked not to give out the ingredient....Oh well..

The Hungry Detective

Is anyone else having a problem getting the pictures when you check out Chris' article? All I'm getting is the article, no pics. :(

Be polite with dragons, for thou art crunchy and goeth down well with ketchup....

Is anyone else having a problem getting the pictures when you check out Chris' article? All I'm getting is the article, no pics. :(

the Daily Breeze does not have photo's on the web site :sad: ...Too bad cause the article had 9 photos in it!..I dont know why its text only...maybe i should ask...I do know that they just did a big survey about the web site, so maybe changes are a coming...I will try to post some more on my web site...I had to keep em off until now...but i did sneak that kitchen stadiuim photo on the site!

The Hungry Detective

today's denver post carried an article by wolfgang puck that gave away all but the winner of his battle. i won't spoil the theme ingredient surprise for anyone but i will say i was surprised to read puck as saying that he brought his chef and pastry chef from spago as his assistants and that the latter pretty much made the dessert.

also, i may have missed this in the thread's early days, but is this a one-off special? puck made it sound like at least his involvement was.

Do any of these posted links include spoilers? If so, tell me which one. I don't wanna know...

The link to the article I wrote does not have a spoiler in it...We were discussing how all the other ones did...Both papers in L.A. that ran stories besides the Daily Breeze listed the theme ingredients...Which really takes the fun out of it..Plus we were asked not to give out the ingredient....Oh well..

Chris,

I read the LA Daily News....and the Denver Post...both with their spoilers.... But did the LA Times also run a story with spoilers? If so, I think they should have to return their pulitzers.

Yea the L.A. times ran a piece on Tues with spoilers on the secret ingredients...I was suprised to see the Puck let the cat out of the bag as well...too bad..

I think FN is going to see how well this does and if its a big hit, make more...Now my next mission is to be a judge...knowing my luck,if I get picked it would be battle "poi" or battle "kim chi"..yuck!

The Hungry Detective

battle "kim chi"..yuck!

:angry:

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

... and look in today's NYT for the HUGE half-page color ad in section A, same graphic. That couldn't have been cheap! OOooo, those guys mean business!

Also noticed from FN schedule posted above that this program is occupying TEN CONTINUOUS HOURS of programming on 4/25 - 4/26, from 6pm to 4am!!!!

I'll be curious about who the ads are for... y'know, so we know who to hit up when eGullet-TV is launched... :cool:

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com