• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fascino

Lreda

Fascino's Thursday Feb 26th. 7PM Who's in?

Sue and I are in. I'll call and see if we can get a tasting menu. Do they have a liquor license? If not I'll be in charger of the red wine for the later courses.

Lou

hehe, thanks for the interest...

We will definitely do a tasting menu. Recently we have offered and "unofficial" 5-course tasting menu that isn't on our menu. Waiters offer it to the second seating on certain nights. We are just experimenting with it for now. So far, everything has gone great. We have done up to 8 course tastings for people who ask in advance of their reservation. Just let me know what you guys are interested in.

O.K 9 in so far.

11 to go.

I suggest we keep it at a max of 20 so they can get the food out and we don't overwelm the dining room. If a party of 20 is too much, Mr Fascino can let us know what the limit is.

Anyone with food allergies or a dislike for cetain things should let me know by the 12th as I will begin to set up the menu with the restaurant.

Lou

P.S. Suzy, shame we'll miss you.

Do we have a price limit? I would suggest $70 or slightly under per person. Let me know.

Edited by Lreda (log)

Do we have a price limit? I would suggest $70 or slightly under per person. Let me know.

So that would make it about $90 with tax and tip? Whatever is decided on is ok by me. Just so long as Rosie pays for her own fries.

on a Thursday? Honestly, we have a small room and Thursday's are very full. 12 people is really the max I can do....and I won't be able to do it right in the middle of the night...what time did everyone want to come? I'm afraid 7 may be too hard. It would have to be more like 8:00-8:30 Is that ok?

O.K. We've got 10 now. I'll give a extra day, let's say midnight Thurs and we're closed. No more than 12, room for 2 more. We're all OK for a 6pm start.

Mr. Fascino, I'll assume you wouldn't mind us at 6pm. 10-12 please. I'm off tomorrow and will look over the menu to plan a menu. How many courses will you suggest we have for the $70 prix fixe price. I only need to know to suggest wine pairings.

I'll contact Mr. Fascino privately to go over the menu. Please post any allergies, annoyances or other bullshit that I or Mr Fascino can avoid going through at the last minute.

I look forward to dining here.

Sue's driving. :cool:

Turley?

I haven't been following this thread. Is there room for one more? Six is perfect for me. I work a few miles away in Clifton. I have both male and female Turleys, but Iprefer something with less alcohol like maybe Gaja or Dunn. :laugh:

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.