• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fascino

Lreda

YOur choice -- tell me what to bring

Reds

Domain de l'arlot Nuits Saint Georges Premier Cru Clos des forets

Krug Zinfandel

Drouhin pinot noir

russian hill syrah

Whites

Santorini Boutari (from a winery in Greece)

Cloudy bay sauvignon blanc

If we are finding ourselves light on Turley, I'd be happy to bring some along. What sort of wines is everyone thinking of? Being young, we have our share of Cal. Cabernet, Zinfandel, and Merlot. Any preferences??

Ant

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Didn't Lou bring Cloudy to the sushi luncheon?  If so--I didn't like it.

i don't think so. he brought a chardonnay and a sauvignon blanc ice wine. you brought a new zealand sauvignon blanc, which tastes exactly like cloudy bay's (new zealand) sauvignon blanc. and it's nice and 'spensive, so let's get him to bring it. :biggrin:

ant, surprise us.

Edited by tommy (log)

If we are finding ourselves light on Turley, I'd be happy to bring some along. What sort of wines is everyone thinking of? Being young, we have our share of Cal. Cabernet, Zinfandel, and Merlot. Any preferences??

Ant

BRING ALL THE TURLEY'S YOU HAVE. :biggrin:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Well, we might need some help carrying it all. I will bring a few bottles, including the White Coat, which is a fantastic viognier based white. Will bring a cab or two also...And some dessert wine...and a cab.. :biggrin:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

and it's nice and 'spensive, so let's get him to bring it.  :biggrin:

I love the CB, and yes it's mucho loot, but I got it on the cheap. Some places give health insurance, others give wine. Count me in for the CB.

I love the CB, and yes it's mucho loot, but I got it on the cheap.  Some places give health insurance, others give wine.  Count me in for the CB.

S'cuse me but what's CB?

the aforementioned Cloudy Bay sauvignon blanc from new zealand. the mostly undisputed kind of NZ SB, and one of the first producers to get a lot of press. probably paved the way for the 20 or so NZ SBs now readily available at 1/2 of the cost. it's still a nice product, though, and it was largely responsible for my 8 year love affair with new zealand wines (and unoaked wines in general).

Edited by tommy (log)

Please reconfirm. Also, Lou--what are we having besides polenta fries or will you be surprising us? Zeman--you may want to send me your phone # so if I need to call you that day I will be able to reach you.

This is the list as of 2/15

Lou Reda and Sue (2)--Reconfirmed

Rosie and Lowell (2)--Reconfirmed

Glenn (1)--Reconfirmed

Amy and Anthony (2)--Reconfirmed

David (1)--

Double O (1)

Bev M (1)--Reconfirmed

Tommy and 1 (2)

Waiting list

Zeman

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"