• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

It was nice meeting you . . .

Jeffrey, is Cincinatti a big food town? What did you eat there?

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Absolutely no need for apologies.  I met lots of interesting people on my book-signing trip through Ohio, and I ate very well in Cincinatti.  I regret only not being able to try the chili in northern Kentucky and the BBQ at one place in Cincinatti.

The chili in Northern Kentucky would probably have been Dixie Chili -- one of the old line of the makers of Cincinnati's odd -- to most people not from here -- chili. BBQ, hmmmm? The most well known is a rib restaurant that does a very high volume of boiled ribs in a sugar and catsup sauce. Can you tell that I am not a huge fan?