• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Library Super Tasting

Double 0

I went to t this event last night held at the Manor in West Orange. Its really a winner for value ($80) and tasting of young wines. The selection covers the entire world including some first growths, beers and spirits. The food was very good and the people manning the the tables were knowlegable about the wines. If you live in the NJ area this is an event worth seeking out. Btw while we were cruising the tables who pops up but Rosie. Nice to see her.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

aside from The Manor's site, i can't find any info on this event, which pisses me off to no end.

Get on the Wine Library's e-mailing list.

They innundate you with news of every new bottle, every event, etc. At least three e-mails weekly

Wine Library

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

aside from The Manor's site, i can't find any info on this event, which pisses me off to no end.

Tommy--The information was on my Food Events page for months and there was a story on Table Hopping With Rosie/Restaurant News

October 1. If you don't want to miss the good stuff read my page!! :biggrin: It's updated every Wednesday. :raz:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Rosie, my husband was there and mentioned that he saw my "tiny little restaurant friend that we see at Rat's every year". Don't be offended by the "tiny"..his mother is under 5 foot...he secretly loves short women! I gave him hell for not saying howdy ..he enjoyed it too.*

*edited to clarify that he enjoyed the wine tasting, not that I gave him hell for not saying hi.

Edited by Kim WB (log)

Rosie, my husband was there and mentioned that he saw my "tiny little restaurant friend that we see at Rat's every year".  Don't be offended by the "tiny"..his mother is under 5 foot...he secretly loves short women!  I gave him hell for not saying howdy ..he enjoyed it too.*

*edited to clarify that he enjoyed the wine tasting, not that I gave him hell for not saying hi.

He did include young and gorgeous in his description, didn't he?? :biggrin:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE