• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Recap: BC at Blue Smoke, Saturday, December 13, 1:00pm

As far as I can make out, the list of prospective attendees is:

elyse

SuzanneF + HWOE

alacarte

Blondie

JosephB +1

Kirk

Picaman

MHesse

Sherribabee + 1 or 2

for a total of 12 or 13 :shock:

If I missed you, I apologize; please PM me.

EDIT: I just talked with Annie at Blue Smoke, to alert her to our coming. (A group over 10 is considered "large" and is expected to make advance arrangements.) She will get back to me with info. For the record, regular a la carte price of the burger is $10.95, plus $1 for cheese, $1 for bacon.

Edited by Suzanne F (log)

I just talked with Annie at Blue Smoke, to alert her to our coming. (A group over 10 is considered "large" and is expected to make advance arrangements.) She will get back to me with info. For the record, regular a la carte price of the burger is $10.95, plus $1 for cheese, $1 for bacon.

Add some fries, a couple of brewskis, tax and tip, and you're at about $33-$35.

I just talked with Annie at Blue Smoke, to alert her to our coming. (A group over 10 is considered "large" and is expected to make advance arrangements.) She will get back to me with info. For the record, regular a la carte price of the burger is $10.95, plus $1 for cheese, $1 for bacon.

Damn, I'm glad I don't drink! Saves me a few $$.

Sherri A. Jackson

No baked beans.  You crazy?

OK, but you just wait and see how hard it will be to walk into Blue Smoke and pass on the baked beans, not to mention the ribsl! Damn you're tough.

I can be quite the minimalist.

you don't drink?

we'll teach you yet, young wanker.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

you don't drink?

we'll teach you yet, young wanker.

Not drinking is a relatively new concept for me (hell, I'm Irish & German).

First of all, I hate beer. Hate it. It's downright vile. And I only have a taste for red wine when I'm having certain foods, so I'm usually relegated to the liquor category. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't like anything particularly sweet so that rules out most mixed drinks. I don't like whiskey, so there goes that. I generally order gin & tonic. I REALLY like gin & tonic. and I REALLY like limes. I can't have just ONE gin & tonic. :blush: I can't afford to have as many gin & tonics as I usually end up ordering (little buggers are 'spensive in the city). So not only do I get a bit too tipsy, but I also wind up broke.

So I've decided to stick to ginger ale (with the limes of course) for a year and see how that goes. Mostly just to see if I can do it. Although if you're convinced you could get me to knowingly consume alcohol, I'm willing to start taking bets. :hmmm:

Edited by sherribabee (log)
Sherri A. Jackson

I can be quite the minimalist.

Just wait until we get you to Peter Luger. We'll see how minimalist you really are.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jamie

If I'm out ordering a burger, it's usually not delux. I'm cool with food on a plate.

First of all, I hate beer. Hate it. It's downright vile. And I only have a taste for red wine when I'm having certain foods, so I'm usually relegated to the liquor category. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

hmm. that contrasts with me. i drink everything.

course, once i got past the initial taste of alcohol,

whatever alcohol it is, i can drink.

I don't like anything particularly sweet so that rules out most mixed drinks.  I don't like whiskey, so there goes that.  I generally order gin & tonic.  I REALLY like gin & tonic.  and I REALLY like limes.  I can't have just ONE gin & tonic. :blush:  I can't afford to have as many gin & tonics as I usually end up ordering (little buggers are 'spensive in the city).  So not only do I get a bit too tipsy, but I also wind up broke.

that's weird, b/c i consider GTs sweet.

you gotta work on sweet talking more men into buying you drinks.

So I've decided to stick to ginger ale (with the limes of course) for a year and see how that goes. 

i like ginger ale. my preferred bourbon drink when not drinking it neat is bourbon and ginger. but ginger ale with limes? that's different.

Mostly just to see if I can do it. 

that's a worthy test for yourself.

Although if you're convinced you could get me to knowingly consume alcohol, I'm willing to start taking bets.  :hmmm:

i'm not volunteering.

playing the devil is a whole lotta fun,

but i can't be sweettalked into buying you drinks.

in part b/c i can't afford it.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

I've been usurped.

Don't be silly. No one could usurp you; it's not that sort of verb. :raz: Nor has your position been usurped; I just thought I'd follow through on what I said I'd do. Or did I not say I'd contact Blue Smoke? Well, anyway, I have no desire to take on the position of BurgerBitch. Just thought I'd help out. K? :unsure:

I just realized I can't make the 13th. I'll be selling cookies and pies etc. In Bloomfield.

Would you be willing to push it up a day, or choose some place I'm not going to anyway?

dress warmly. brrrr.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.