• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fried Twinkies

VivreManger

When ytou work in a kitchen, a dupe has the order of the food you have to cook. Table 2 wants onion soup, shrimp coctail for apps, steak and chicken for entree. Created by computer printout or those blue green pads the waiters carry with them.

It's basically a piece of paper.

Edited by elyse (log)

or from here(note the mix on the right which pertains to this topic) this may look familiar and set off another round of cravings..... :shock:

http://www.lighterside.com/website/store/s...eyword=corn+dog

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Haven't tried a fried twinkie yet and do not plan to. Many years ago," I Spy "magazine did a bit on putting a twinkie in a bathtub filled with water and it was supposed to expand to fit the tub after a week. I tried this experiment. I cannot say if the twinkie really filled the tub but after a week, it looked totally awesome. It was like an out of body experience. Then again, it could've been the LSD!

• 3 months later...

Last summer some friends and I tried fried oreos at a 6 flags amusement park. We thought they were amazing. No glass of cold milk - these were dipped in batter, deep-fried, plunked on top of a funnel cake with three scoops of ice cream, then topped with whipped cream, cherry sauce, and chopped nuts. My heart stops just thinking about it.