• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli Reservations Topic

Sorry to read that they don't serve lunch anymore and that they close in mid October...that is probably going to mess me up for dining there.

I did read recently of a goo 1 star restaurant no far from there...not the same as dining at el Bulli!!!

As if there is not enough pressure for reservations, I will remind everyone that Ferran Adria mentioned here that El Bulli will be taking an extended sabbatical after the 2006 season.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Thinking of taking an extended sabbatical is more accurate than will be taking an extended sabbatical, John. It looked like an idea that has been around their minds for some time and they haven't found the proper time to do it. Who knows if 2006 will be that year, or if there will be such year.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

True - My bad. Nevertheless, the fact that he would mention it on a public site indicates to me that the idea is under very serious consideration.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I recently e-mail Luis Garcia about lunch in October, 2006!

I have just received this response:

Apreciados Señores,

The demand for next year is extraordinary but I regret to inform you that it is impossible for us at this moment to attend reservations for 2006. If you contact us during September you can ask again about 2006 information. I must explain you that normally we will start management at the end of next season 2005, it means on mid October.

I must remark that normally we open from April till the end of September and only for dinner service.

We thank you for your interest.

Atentamente,

Luis García