• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

I only ever used frozen artichoke hearts for pizza (fresh ones have better usages, IMO, and pickled ones have a distinct flavor that I didn't want). I sliced them and gave them a brief pan fry with butter and chilled them. They didn't seem to soften much further in the oven. Very tasty over a white pizza, finished with lemon zest and just a few drops of juice. 

IMG_20200823_223116_1.thumb.jpg.8d5a57ccc2d5972abaa6d34dc4153e5d.jpg

shain

shain

I only ever used frozen artichoke hearts for pizza (fresh ones have better usages, IMO, and pickled ones have a distinct flavor that I didn't want). I sliced them and gave them a brief pan fry with butter and chilled them. They didn't seem to soften much further in the oven. Very tasty over a white pizza.

IMG_20200823_223116_1.thumb.jpg.8d5a57ccc2d5972abaa6d34dc4153e5d.jpg