• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@Ann_T's pizzas always slay me.  I'd also eat @Chris Hennes' Brussels sprouts pizza (though Mr. Kim would want a meat salad on the side 😉).  I truly prefer just sauce and cheese, but I live with the topping family.  If Mr. Kim and Jessica choose, there are so many toppings that you can hardly see the cheese.  They are kind and let me dictate one half of one pizza, but I usually get onions or some meat because I know they will be eating the majority of the leftovers.  I hope to one day get to New Haven to have one of those white pizzas with clams.  And I would eat a pineapple and ham combo on a white pizza, but no one seems to want that.  

And, nothing to do with toppings, but I always order pizza EXTRA well done.  I want some char.  People in Richmond VA seem to think char=burnt.  Sigh.

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@Ann_T's pizzas always slay me.  I'd also eat @Chris Hennes' Brussels sprouts pizza (though Mr. Kim would want a meat salad on the side 😉).  I truly prefer just sauce and cheese, but I live with the topping family.  If Mr. Kim and Jessica choose, there are so many toppings that you can hardly see the cheese.  They are kind and let me dictate one half of one pizza, but I usually get onions or some meat because I know they will be eating the majority of the leftovers.  I hope to one day get to New Haven to have one of those white pizzas with clams.  And I would eat a pineapple and ham combo on a white pizza, but no one seems to want that.