• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

egullety dinner at Rutt's Hutt

tommy

NJ2FLA suggested that some egulleters meet at rutt's hut unofficially for some dogs, fries, rings, and, i'm hoping, beers.

the suggested dates are:

march 5th (wednesday)

march 11th (tuesday)

we are thinking 7 pm.

so far 3 people have expressed interest: john the "hot dog guy" (sorry john, that's what people refer to you as!), NJ2FLA, and me.

march 5th works for me, the 11th doesn't.

any takers?

thoughts?

courtesy of rail paul:

It's in Clifton, NJ about two miles west of the Sports Complex

NJ 3 west or east to NJ 21 north. Take the first exit north of 3.

Go up the exit ramp, cross over 3, turn left at the stop sign. Rutt's is about 1,000 feet on your left, between the road and NJ 21.

click for holly moore's take on rutt's.

Rutt-Outside.jpg

Edited by tommy (log)

Alas, I can't make it, but here's a better pic of what I'll be missing

that's a shame.

i was going to ask you if i could use some pics from your website. :biggrin: so i'll ask now: can i?

also, hopefully we can make this dinner. if 7 is too late, perhaps 6.30. but any earlier than that and i'll just have to skip lunch...and you don't want to see me when i've skipped a meal. of this you can be assured.

I wanna come. Jason, you coming with me?

Ok, just HOW BIG is that new kitchen of yours? Is he lost somewhere in it? :biggrin::laugh:

I'd like to come, but can't commit. I'll keep updated on the info, see how life looks closer to lift off.

you don't eat hot dogs?

That's the best you could do? I expected something much more witty and insulting from you.

I haven't had one in about 10 years

I'll keep an eye on the date as it grows closer, would try to make it just to be social.

Edited by thereuare (log)

March 5 works for me and Dee. March 11 is doubtful. 7 pm is fine

Wednesday's a fun time at Rutt's. Maybe the biker nuns will be there again, or the NY motorcycle cops...

Just re-read this thread.... Varmint's in? Cooooool...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I wanna come. Jason, you coming with me? Either date & dinner time are fine with us.

Yeah, we're in.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I wanna come. Jason, you coming with me?

Ok, just HOW BIG is that new kitchen of yours? Is he lost somewhere in it? :biggrin::laugh:

He was not online at the time. But, even if he were online, he'd be in a separate office. We frequently communicate via IM even on days when he is home. :laugh:

Tommy---Is it BYOW??  I don't drink bud.  :biggrin:

unforunately not. but they have Piels, Coors Light, Rheingold, and Busch too, so you shouldn't have a problem finding something that you like.

where the hell is 201 in all of this. i'm going to have to have a talk with him. :angry:

March 5 works for me and Dee. March 11 is doubtful. 7 pm is fine

Wednesday's a fun time at Rutt's. Maybe the biker nuns will be there again, or the NY motorcycle cops...

Just re-read this thread.... Varmint's in? Cooooool...

I'm in to the same extent that tommy is in the non-NYC eGullet events, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Tommy---Is it BYOW??  I don't drink bud.  :biggrin:

Rosie, for crying out loud, no wine with rippers!

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host