• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Singles Cooking Classes?

Rosie

Kings Markets offers a wide range of cooking courses, a few of which have been specifically geared toward "singles" in the past. Many other classes are targeted toward topics which might attract folks seeking other folks. This seems to be especially true of the participation classes, where teams are formed to execute different parts of the meal.

In the courses I've attended over the years, men are a very distinct minority, FWIW

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Does anyone know of any cooking classes for singles in northern, New Jersey?

Rosie, is there something you want to tell me about Lowell? :shock:

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 2 weeks later...
i note a decent amount of interest in the topic, although not that much info for the question.  would anyone be interested in this if i could find someone to host it?

I think if you could expand the topic a little you would find even more interest. For instance, don't limit it just to Jersey, or even just to cooking classes. What about culinary tours, cruises, etc? I have been contemplating a culinary tour of Provence, but the supplement for traveling "single" can be pretty hefty! (no pun intended) :shock:

"Never eat more than you can lift" -- Miss Piggy

i know someone in florida who goes to a singles cooking class and she has met a lot of people from it, men and women alike, that's why i thought of the cooking class, and not an expansion of anything. it's a lot easier to spend an hour or so in a cooking class than touring the world with strangers, i would imagine!

i note a decent amount of interest in the topic, although not that much info for the question.  would anyone be interested in this if i could find someone to host it?

I think if you could expand the topic a little you would find even more interest. For instance, don't limit it just to Jersey, or even just to cooking classes. What about culinary tours, cruises, etc? I have been contemplating a culinary tour of Provence, but the supplement for traveling "single" can be pretty hefty! (no pun intended) :shock:

Cooking classes for NJ singles belongs on the NJ board. If you want to expand this topic it should go on the General Food Topics board. If you are interested in cooking classes for singles in New York post on the New York board.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE