• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cleaning the Instant Pot Lid Question

Shel_B

I've been washing the Instant Pot lid by hand, including running water all over lid.  I didn't see how washing the lid like that could cause any problems. But this morning, while washing the lid, I realized I never looked into the issue ... just decided it should be OK.

So, using the due diligence side of my brain, I'm looking into it.  Could there by any problems if I continue as I have been?  I've not noticed any yet, and the lid's been washed 6 or 8 times.

... Shel

6 minutes ago, curls said:

I suggest that you look up the manual for your InstantPot model and follow their cleaning & maintenance instructions. There are a few parts that may be disassembled for a thorough cleaning. https://instantpot.com/pages/manuals-and-resources

Thanks so much for the link, and making te search simpler and more convenient for me.

The way I'm cleaning the lid is fine, but I did learn about disassembling some pieces, one of which I didn't even know about. Thanks again ...

• Like 1

... Shel

2 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I put my IP lid in the dishwasher.

Don't have a dishwasher.

... Shel

10 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I put my IP lid in the dishwasher.

Do you take anything off it except the silicone ring?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown