• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Iowa!

Topic will be automatically locked at 11:47 PM

KatelynM

Hi, my name is Katelyn Metz. I graduated from STLCC Forest Park in 2020 with dual associate's degrees in culinary arts and baking and pastry. I was actually the only student volunteer to work the chocolate & confections workshop hosted at the college in 2019. (Remembering that and going through some of the pictures with my husband is what lead me to find this webpage.) My career has taken me all over the industry from fast food to 5 tier wedding cakes, but here within the next few years I plan on opening my own pastry and confections business. I look forward to scouring through the many pages here to learn as much as I can!

• Like 9

Welcome to eG, Katelyn!  I think you're going to find lots of kindred spirits here!  We have some amazing chocolatiers, bakers, cooks here and really a worldwide reach for any questions or opinions (you'll get plenty of those - whether you ask or not 😉😄)!  I can't wait to see your contributions!

• Like 2

On 7/1/2024 at 7:10 PM, KatelynM said:

Hi, my name is Katelyn Metz. I graduated from STLCC Forest Park in 2020 with dual associate's degrees in culinary arts and baking and pastry. I was actually the only student volunteer to work the chocolate & confections workshop hosted at the college in 2019. (Remembering that and going through some of the pictures with my husband is what lead me to find this webpage.) My career has taken me all over the industry from fast food to 5 tier wedding cakes, but here within the next few years I plan on opening my own pastry and confections business. I look forward to scouring through the many pages here to learn as much as I can!

Welcome Katelyn - you've changed your name - I've enjoyed watching your career develop on Facebook. You were such a great help to us in St Louis. Strangely having gone over the thread from the 2019 we didn't manage to include you in any of the pictures. And it doesn't look like we took a group photo. 

Here's a good place to start scouring - Pastry and Baking Index  - put together a few years back by Rob Connelly of Bulrush in STL - aka @gfron1

Feel free to PM if you need anything.

• Like 2