• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Music to cook by

My music tastes are all over the map. I have many different playlists and pick something to match my mood. And if I don't have any inspiration to use one of my playlists then it's Pandora's The Great Jazz Trio.

Many of my playlists contain tracks from David Benoit, The Ray Bryant Trio, 60s and 70s oldies, Beegee Adair, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Neil Diamond, and Barbra Streisand.

• Like 2

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Nothing says it's time to grill like Manu Chau on the speaker! I love Jazz to to lean towards the young lions coming up, especially Kamasi Washington as well as his side project 'Dinner Party'. Most of the members of the informal collective that he belongs to (West Coast Get Down) came up in Los Angeles HS Jazz programs are pretty fantastic. Also Thundercat & Flying Lotus (related to Alice Coletrain btw). 

Tons of Rock en Espanol as well

• Like 1

I love music. I do often have it on when I'm cooking, but if I'm cooking I'm so focused on the process that the music is irrelevant. I'd never thought about it before reading this.

Lately it's been Khruangbin, which is largely non-verbal.

• Like 1