• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

23 minutes ago, curls said:

Has anyone who signed up for the Modernist Bread At Home course started receiving the course? I signed up and received a confirmation email but haven’t received any other emails. Wondering when they will start….

Yes, I've been getting them.  Did you get the email titled, "Introducing the Modernist Bread School" on March 11?

It contained a link to sign up for course 1, down at the bottom.  Once I clicked through and signed up, I received another email titled, "Confirm Your Subscription."  Check your spam/junk folder if you didn't get it after signing up. Once I clicked through on that one, I began receiving the course emails.  They've been mostly just short notes about basic equipment so you haven't missed much.  Yesterday, I got an email saying I'd completed course 1 and that course 2 would begin in early April.  

Edited to add that I still haven't purchased the book.  Modernist Cuisine at Home rolled out at the same price and eventually dropped below $100.  If the course starts to get interesting, it may lure me in before that happens.  Until then, I'm holding on to my 💰 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 minutes ago, curls said:

Has anyone who signed up for the Modernist Bread At Home course started receiving the course? I signed up and received a confirmation email but haven’t received any other emails. Wondering when they will start….

Yes, I've been getting them.  Did you get the email titled, "Introducing the Modernist Bread School" on March 11?

It contained a link to sign up for course 1, down at the bottom.  Once I clicked through and signed up, I received another email titled, "Confirm Your Subscription."  Check your spam/junk folder if you didn't get it after signing up. Once I clicked through on that one, I began receiving the course emails.  They've been mostly just short notes about basic equipment so you haven't missed much.  Yesterday, I got an email saying I'd completed course 1 and that course 2 would begin in early April.