• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

The other day, I made the Salty Margarita Sour from Joe Yonan's Cool Beans.  

C1DBC6D9-27A2-42DC-B383-C000AAA82F93_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.61ab85a56d9282b91632d21e12a60e77.jpeg

He credits the idea to a margarita he had at José Andrés's Mexican restaurant, Oyamel, topped with a foamy layer of "salt air" instead of a salt rim on the glass. Yonan decided to try it with a frothy layer of whipped, salted aquafaba.  I don't really care for the grittiness of salt rims on cocktails but I enjoyed this version.

The recipe is available online at this link.  Scroll down, it's the last recipe. 

The other day, I made the Salty Margarita Sour from Joe Yonan's Cool Beans.  

C1DBC6D9-27A2-42DC-B383-C000AAA82F93_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.61ab85a56d9282b91632d21e12a60e77.jpeg

He credits the idea to a margarita he had at José Andrés's Mexican restaurant, Oyamel, topped with a foamy layer of "salt air" instead of a salt rim on the glass.Yonan decided to try it with a frothy layer of whipped, salted aquafaba subbing.  I don't really care for the grittiness of salt rims on cocktails but I enjoyed this version.

The recipe is available online at this link.  Scroll down, it's the last recipe.