• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tempest63

Tempest63

I had no firm plans for an evening meal tonight so went rummaging through the freezer this morning and found a portion of Ragu I made a few weeks ago.

Dropped into the local supermarket, picked up some fresh lasagne sheets, knocked up a quick béchamel and dinner tonight was Lasagne.

Here it is prepped for the oven

IMG_5424.thumb.jpeg.dcd2bcafb930b08c0d887caea69d305a.jpeg

And here it is after 50 minutes in a fan oven at 180C.

IMG_5425.thumb.jpeg.6bcb9833cb767aaf54d8d047c9492ec6.jpeg

Quite light for a lasagna but I try to make it more in the Italian style, with less sauce and more pasta. This one had five layers of lasagna with a thin spread of Ragu and béchamel and a sprinkle of Parmesan between each layer of pasta.

Tempest63

Tempest63

I had no firm plans for an evening meal tonight so went rummaging through the freezer and found a portion of Ragu I made a few weeks ago.

Dropped into the local supermarket, picked up some fresh lasagne sheets, knocked up a quick béchamel and dinner tonight was Lasagne.

Here it is prepped for the oven

IMG_5424.thumb.jpeg.dcd2bcafb930b08c0d887caea69d305a.jpeg

And here it is after 50 minutes in a fan oven at 180C.

IMG_5425.thumb.jpeg.6bcb9833cb767aaf54d8d047c9492ec6.jpeg

Quite light for a lasagna but I try to make it more in the Italian style, with less sauce and more pasta. This one had five layers of lasagna with a thin spread of Ragu and béchamel and a sprinkle of Parmesan between each layer of pasta.