• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

Clarity

Stacked green chile smoked pork enchiladas. My New Mexico cookbook assured me that sour cream and black olives are an acceptable alternative to a fried egg, which is what I’ve usually seen. I got a tortilla press for Christmas and made tortillas thinking I’d make my normal rolled enchiladas but these little guys seemed to want to be stacked. As you can see, I had a bit of sliding so I’ll be more careful putting them under the broiler next time! My cookbook said to put the lettuce in a wreath but had to settle for a crescent.

IMG_1426.jpeg

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

Clarity

Stacked green chile smoked pork enchiladas. My New Mexico cookbook assured me that sour cream and black olives are an acceptable alternative to a fried egg, which is what I’ve usually seen. I got a tortilla press for Christmas and made tortillas thinking I’d make my normal rolled enchiladas but these little guys seemed to want to be stacked. As you can see, I had a bit of sliding so I’ll be more careful putting them under the broiler next time!

IMG_1426.jpeg

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

Stacked green chile smoked pork enchiladas. My New Mexico cookbook assured me that sour cream and black olives are an acceptable alternative to a fried egg, which is what I’ve usually seen. I got a tortilla press for Christmas and made tortillas thinking I’d make my normal rolled enchiladas but these little guys seemed to want to be stacked.

IMG_1426.jpeg