• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Well, this didn't go to plan. It was meant to be finished with the coriander leaf and Chinese chives I 'definitely' had in the fridge but didn't.

Despite the supermarket and the wet market I visited today between them having 18 different types of mushroom, I picked the plain old white buttons. Hey, they're exotic round here!

Anyway I stir fried them with shrimp (bought live and wriggling), garlic, ginger, fish sauce, Shaoxing and S: 辣豆瓣酱; T 辣豆瓣醬 (là dòu bàn jiàng), Spicy Sichuan fava bean sauce.

IMG_20240321_193553_edit_156490978756328.thumb.jpg.91d39389cb1bba783b2e0a65b0d1e9ab.jpg

The shrimp shells and heads are in the freezer for stock sometime later.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Well, this didn't go to plan. It was meant to be finished with the coriander leaf and Chinese chives I 'definitely' had in the fridge but didn't.

Despite the supermarket and the wet market I visited today between them having 18 different types of mushroom, I picked the plain old white buttons. Hey, they're exotic round here!

Anyway I stir fried them with shrimp (bought live and wriggling), garlic, ginger, fish sauce, Shaoxing and S: 辣豆瓣酱; T 辣豆瓣醬 (là dòu bàn jiàng), Spicy Sichuan fava bean sauce.

The shrimp shells and heads are in the freezer for stock sometime later.

IMG_20240321_193553_edit_156490978756328.jpg