• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

New Year's Day lunch will be a similar menu to that for Christmas. In Scotland, New Year is more important than Christmas and I've kind of kept up that tradition.

I've been spending this evening taking stuff out of fridges and freezers in preparation. Smoked sturgeon, caviar and cheeses mainly.

liuzhou

liuzhou

New Year's Day lunch will be a similar menu to that for Christmas. In Scotland, New Year is more important than Christmas and I've kind of kept up that tradition.

I've bee nspending this evening taking stuff out of fridges and freezers in preparation.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I've bee nspending this evening taking stuff out of fridges and freezers.

gongbao.jpg

yzcf.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Happy New Year ! 

It's already 2024 here in the east, and for various reasons, I've just eaten dinner at midnight. Actually, I bought it in 2023 but my phone kept ringing with calls from my family then had to nuke it to warm it up again.

gongbao.thumb.jpg.8ad717e715b38053b5d08bb4d1e479e3.jpg

宫保鸡丁 (gōng bǎo jī dīng) - Gongbao Chicken Cubes - (Kung-po Chicken in America)

yzcf.thumb.jpg.80db1952e701b543bf41fc73c3f1e8df.jpg

扬州炒饭 (yáng zhōu chǎo fàn) Yangzhou Fried Rice