• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

22 minutes ago, Neely said:

This is not an Asian style soup… it is Lamb and Barley Broth with carrots and fresh corn . My husband served it in these bowls making it confusing.

I often serve non-Asian soups in Asian bowls. They're the only bowls I have!

I can't find what I call 'pearl barley' here. Barley yes, but it's used to make barley tea (a Tibetan specialty) and is pre-roasted.  It is also toasted and ground before selling as flour to make the Tibetan staple, Tsampa. neither are what I want in my soups.

I'd love a bowl of Scotch broth -it's been decades!

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, Neely said:

This is not an Asian style soup… it is Lamb and Barley Broth with carrots and fresh corn . My husband served it in these bowls making it confusing.

I often serve non-Asian soups in Asian bowls. They're the only bowls I have!

I can't find what I call 'pearl barley' here. Barley yes, but it's used to make barley tea (a Tibetan specialty) and is pre-roasted - not what I want in my soups. I'd love a bowl of Scotch broth -it's been decades!