• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Yesterday, I made the Orecchiette with Asparagus + Feta from Nik Sharma's Veg-Table

C67C6686-BDAE-49A1-9E2A-18F1F56AFD02_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.72109db36180b2ddf9814f51e54f67a4.jpeg

He blitzes some feta, hot pasta water and turmeric in the blender.  Once it's added to the pasta, it turns in to a light but creamy sauce that makes for a very pretty and sunny plate of pasta.  

Sadly, I did not like it one bit.  Well, the asparagus was good.  I think the tomatoes, dill, turmeric and preserved lemon were fighting each other in some way. At least 2 of them should be kicked out of the dish for not getting along.  And, if I'm adding feta to my pasta, I'd prefer tangy crumbles rather than having it liquified.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Yesterday, I made the Orecchiette with Asparagus + Feta from Nik Sharma's Veg-Table. 

C67C6686-BDAE-49A1-9E2A-18F1F56AFD02_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.72109db36180b2ddf9814f51e54f67a4.jpeg

He blitzes some feta, hot pasta water and turmeric in the blender.  Once it's added to the pasta, it turns in to a light but creamy sauce that makes for a very pretty and sunny plate of pasta.  

Sadly, I did not like it one bit.  Well, the asparagus was good.  I think the tomatoes, dill, turmeric and preserved lemon were fighting each other in some way. At least 2 of them should be kicked out of the dish for not getting along.  And, if I'm adding feta to my pasta, I'd prefer tangy crumbles rather than having it liquified.