• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

28 minutes ago, TdeV said:

I'm back on page 30 of this thread, but some pictures to post.

Finally it's warm enough for a Wine Time outside in the backyard. Starting with my neighbour's big fat purple asparagus, uncooked but lower limb peeled, sliced thinly, with green onion, fresh mint, lime and AgroDolce. Dishes of oiled Moroccan olives.

IMG_5165_Cropped.thumb.jpg.94e24d17c53070d9eea1b59af160eadb.jpg

Sliced baguette with Port Salut cheese and a thin slice of a date, fig, hazelnut and almond cake. Also some very creamy blue cheese. Not shown: bowls of chopped garlic generously covered with olive oil and heated in microwave. Accompanied by more sliced baguette.

IMG_5168_cropped.thumb.jpg.7aaad4f44069bf9ae56d7c05af81f7c8.jpg

Salad of heirloom tomato, bell pepper, cilantro, lemon, Red Boat fish sauce, balsamic.

IMG_5166_cropped.thumb.jpg.c4dcf8d1fa77c50ebc3d884fec1d40db.jpg

No pictures of dessert which was a coffee mousse.

What a wonderful assortment to enjoy outdoors with friends. I am not a sweets person, but that cake intrigues. I do like sweet with savory. Oh and the coffee mousse. I typically did the Julia Child classic but subbed Sabra for GrandMarnier. Sabra is an Israeli chocolate & orange liqueur. But I also did one before that that was gelatin stabiized, coffee flavord and whipped to a high level of airy in the mixer. May need to re-visit.

heidih

heidih

26 minutes ago, TdeV said:

I'm back on page 30 of this thread, but some pictures to post.

Finally it's warm enough for a Wine Time outside in the backyard. Starting with my neighbour's big fat purple asparagus, uncooked but lower limb peeled, sliced thinly, with green onion, fresh mint, lime and AgroDolce. Dishes of oiled Moroccan olives.

IMG_5165_Cropped.thumb.jpg.94e24d17c53070d9eea1b59af160eadb.jpg

Sliced baguette with Port Salut cheese and a thin slice of a date, fig, hazelnut and almond cake. Also some very creamy blue cheese. Not shown: bowls of chopped garlic generously covered with olive oil and heated in microwave. Accompanied by more sliced baguette.

IMG_5168_cropped.thumb.jpg.7aaad4f44069bf9ae56d7c05af81f7c8.jpg

Salad of heirloom tomato, bell pepper, cilantro, lemon, Red Boat fish sauce, balsamic.

IMG_5166_cropped.thumb.jpg.c4dcf8d1fa77c50ebc3d884fec1d40db.jpg

No pictures of dessert which was a coffee mousse.

What a wonderful assortment to enjoy outdoors with friends. I am not a sweets erson, but that cake intrigues. I do like sweet with savory.