• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

39 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

mom and sisters couldn't even stand to look at them.

Oh boy, does that bring back memories. One restaurant that I worked in had deep fried oysters on a seafood platter and I used to fry a couple, make some bacon, and put it on whole wheat toast. I worked with a chef that I couldn't stand and I found out that when he came in with a hangover, which was quite often, whenever he saw me eating that he got violently ill. After that, I had them quite often.

Now about lunch, I made cheddar cheese biscuits from a recipe by @ElsieD.

20230122_171402.thumb.jpg.3aa7ff801f7b49f4276b33e001fc9591.jpg

They were delicious and I made him and cheese biscuit sandwiches.

20230122_172934.thumb.jpg.f14b1253c4d252edf9152c4129bc8728.jpg

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

37 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

Oh boy, does that bring back memories. One restaurant that I worked in had deep fried oysters on a seafood platter and I used to fry a couple, make some bacon, and put it on whole wheat toast. I worked with a chef that I couldn't stand and I found out that when he came in with a hangover, which was quite often, whenever he saw me eating that he got violently ill. After that, I had them quite often.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

34 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

Oh boy, does that bring back memories. One restaurant that I worked in had deep fried oysters on a seafood platter and I used to fry a couple, make some bacon, and put it on whole wheat toast. I worked with a chef that I couldn't stand and I found out that when he came in with a hangover, which was quite often, whenever he saw me eating that he got violently ill. I had them quite often.