• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

missing word

A pale comparison to @gulfporter's delicious-looking shrimp burgers....Shrimp on Toast with Capers, Dill and Chervil from Getaway

D2E81E4C-1154-4A2F-92AF-607A3EC17C5E_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.8e991858241f7e5f0dbeed386a3ea902.jpeg
This week, my local fish share offered an option of little Oregon Bay shrimp and with this recipe and one for Potted Shrimp also from this book in mind, I decided to get them. This recipe dresses the shrimp with sour cream and crème fraîche with lemon zest, lots of dill and chervil. No chervil so I used a mix of parsley, cilantro and basil, plus plenty of dill. I added a squeeze of lemon juice, as I do. I think I'd prefer this as a dip with chips or crackers.  I was a bit overly enthusiastic grilling the bread but the shrimp and herb flavors are delicate enough that I don't think they're enhanced by any sort of char. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

A pale comparison to @gulfporter's delicious-looking shrimp burgers....Shrimp on Toast with Capers, Dill and Chervil from Getaway

D2E81E4C-1154-4A2F-92AF-607A3EC17C5E_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.8e991858241f7e5f0dbeed386a3ea902.jpeg
This week, my local fish offered an option of little Oregon Bay shrimp and with this recipe and one for Potted Shrimp also from this book in mind, I decided to get them. This recipe dresses the shrimp with sour cream and crème fraîche with lemon zest, lots of dill and chervil. No chervil so I used a mix of parsley, cilantro and basil, plus plenty of dill. I added a squeeze of lemon juice, as I do. I think I'd prefer this as a dip with chips or crackers.  I was a bit overly enthusiastic grilling the bread but the shrimp and herb flavors are delicate enough that I don't think they're enhanced by any sort of char.