• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

typo

Whitefish, Tomato, Zucchini + Chickpea Stew w/Mint Almond Relish from Grist.  I suspect the author had smaller freshwater fish in mind but I used some of the Pacific white seabass that I got in my fish share this week. 

C749F492-01C5-4A5E-9ADC-FC85D0686E77_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c21377ed0fc64677f43a8f5794913fd9.jpeg

This was surprisingly good. The vegetable stew is seasoned with ras el hanout, lots of onions and garlic and is quite good on its own, although plopping a big piece of fish on the bowl seemed a bit incongruous to me at first.  The mint almond relish includes lots of lemon zest and juice along with shallot, toasted almonds, parsley and mint.  It brightens everything up and really knits the dish together. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Whitefish, Tomato, Zucchini + Chickpea Stew w/Mint Almond Relish from Grist.  I suspect the author had smaller freshwater fish in mind but I use some of the Pacific white seabass that I got in my fish share this week. 

C749F492-01C5-4A5E-9ADC-FC85D0686E77_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c21377ed0fc64677f43a8f5794913fd9.jpeg

This was surprisingly good. The vegetable stew is seasoned with ras el hanout, lots of onions and garlic and is quite good on its own, although plopping a big piece of fish on the bowl seemed a bit incongruous to me at first.  The mint almond relish includes lots of lemon zest and juice along with shallot, toasted almonds, parsley and mint.  It brightens everything up and really knits the dish together.