• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I had all sorts of grand ideas for breakfast yesterday.  But as we all know, sometimes even the best of plans go awry...

image.thumb.jpeg.3d9ec005f3c9afd492e90e7afa0b1c03.jpeg

The batter was for waffles.  We can see how those turned out.  I should have known there might be issues when I checked the temperature of the plates inside that old Toastmaster waffle iron. Even though I set it at 375℉, when I checked the plates they heated to over 500℉! I cooled off the iron, and tried the first batch - results above on the left!

Then I figured, use the batter to make pancakes.  Results on the right. (I'm much better at crepe making, evidently.)

We had granola with fruit and yogurt. I needed more coffee.

weinoo

weinoo

I had all sorts of grand ideas for breakfast yesterday.  But as well all now, sometimes even the best of plans go awry...

image.thumb.jpeg.3d9ec005f3c9afd492e90e7afa0b1c03.jpeg

The batter was for waffles.  We can see how those turned out.  I should have known there might be issues when I checked the temperature of the plates inside that old Toastmaster waffle iron. Even though I set it at 375℉, when I checked the plates they heated to over 500℉! I cooled off the iron, and tried the first batch - results above on the left!

Then I figured, use the batter to make pancakes.  Results on the right. (I'm much better at crepe making, evidently.)

We had granola with fruit and yogurt. I needed more coffee.