• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

I had issues holding a prime rib roast following the 101 recipe on anova's site. Seems 132F in sous vide mode with 30% steam is more toward 136F. I was on pins and needles the entire 3 hour hold time i accounted for till  guests arrived. Had to keep reducing oven temp to 127F till the roast fell back down to 132F, but then it would start clibing down lower so i had to settle at around oven temp of 130F to keep the roast below 134F. It was fustrating, and im not sure how good this oven works for temp crucial holding.

Luckily all the guest preferred medium rare more on the medium side.

FeChef

FeChef

I had issues holding a prime rib roast following the 101 recipe on anova's site. Seems 132F in sous vide mode with 30% steam is more toward 136F. I was on pins and needles the entire 3 hour hold time i accounted for till  guests arrived. Had to keep reducing oven temp to 127F till the roast fell back down to 132F, but then it would start clibing down lower so i had to settle at around oven temp of 130F to keep the roast below 134F. It was fustrating, and im not sure how good this oven works for temp crucial holding.