• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Additional comment and then typos

6 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I developed a quite-unexpected taste for mooshy peas while in England and Scotland. I never knew that they'd started from something other than fresh peas as I know (and dislike) them here. Somebody please educate me: what are marrowfat peas?

They are mature green peas that are allowed to dry in the field before being harvested. 
I still have in my mind, a vague recollection of the box they came in when I was growing up in England, and was hoping to find such a box on the web. I don’t see what I think I remember. 

Anna N

Anna N

5 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I developed a quite-unexpected taste for mooshy peas while in England and Scotland. I never knew that they'd started from something other than fresh peas as I know (and dislike) them here. Somebody please educate me: what are marrowfat peas?

They are mature green peas that are allowed to dry in the field before being harvested. 
I still have in my mind, a vague recollections of the box. They came in when I was growing up in England, and was hoping to find such a box on the web. I don’t see what I think I remember. 

Anna N

Anna N

4 minutes ago, Smithy said: